What a wonderful market! We live in PA and stopped here on our way back from WV as we are fans of fresh fruit and veggie vendors.
As soon as you walk in, the overwhelming, delicious smell of fresh pies puts a smile on your face. They have a huge variety of goodies, well more than your typical small town market, and it’s all FRESH!
– Fruits: We went during peak peach season, so the selection was ample! We wanted strawberries, but didn’t find any, so I guess they are out of season. I read other reviews that expressed slight disappointment in the selection, but remember everything is seasonal!
– Veggies: They had a good selection of veggies! We didn’t buy any, but we were looking for fruit. They had fresh green beans, banana peppers, dozens of different items!
– Apple and pumpkin butters, plus dozens of different flavored jams!
– Canned soups, both pre-made and where you add the final ingredients
– Venison jerky and sausage snacks (so good, we bought 4 packages!)
– Freshly baked and frozen pies available in many different flavors!
– Individual packages of fresh fudge and cookies available!
You can also cut your own fresh flowers outside if you inquire first inside, and they were all pretty.
It’s a great restroom break and place to walk around outside!
The prices are reasonable compared to other farmers markets. You are paying for farm fresh and homemade items, so don’t expect Walmart prices. We paid $1 per peach and that has been standard everywhere else. The beef jerky prices were comparable to Jack Links, but obviously way better quality! It’s worth every penny to be healthy, have farm to table, and high quality taste.
You can order items online from them too!
We will definitely be stopping by here whenever we visit MD and WV!