Things To Know Before Visiting Our Pick Your Own Fields;
- Our picking days, hours, and conditions are approximate and vary by the season and by weather.
- Hats and sunscreen are recommended.
- Closed toe shoes are advised for picking!
- Field helpers will show you how and where to pick.
- Weather conditions and demand determine the supply of our fruit and berries.
- For safety of all our guest, please abide by our signage and stay in marked areas.
- No Pets allowed in Pick Your Own fields.
Apple picking prices and sizes:
Cash Only Sales for PYO Apples. ATM on site (Sept. & Oct.)
Half Peck bag : 5 to 6 lbs of apples ……..$13
2 Guests Per Bag
Peck bag : 11 to 12 lbs of apples …………..$20
4 Guests Per Bag
Half Bushel bag : 20 to 22 lbs of apples ..$30
6 Guests Per Bag. If your party is larger than 6 you must purchase another bag according to the head count.
Orchard Entrance Fee is $2 per person. Wagon Ride Included. MUST ride wagon TO and FROM Pick-Your-Own Apple field. No walking.
Apple varieties will change as the season progresses. Questions regarding apple varieties please call or check out our Apple Variety tab.
Guidelines for Apple Picking:
- Pick Your Own Apples every Saturday and Sunday through September and October.
- Apple picking is from 10am- 3pm first three weekends and the we will extend by one hour going until 4pm.
- Before leaving home, please check back on this page or call for picking availability 301-271-2737 and hours depending on weather conditions. Catoctin reserves the right to close the Apple Orchard due to inclement weather (heavy rain, thunder, lightning and/or severe winds) without advanced notice in order to protect their customers and employees.
- Cash sales ONLY. ATM is available on site (Sept. & Oct.).
- You must purchase our Pick Your Own bags at the check-in building located above the market on your way to the playground. You will see apple signs on the building indicating the check in for pick your own apples.
- No outside bags and backpacks are permitted inside the orchard. Please leave bags and personal items in your car.
- There is a $2 entrance fee per person to enter the apple orchard which includes a wagon ride out to Apple field to pick. Age Two and younger are free.
- All Apples picked must fit inside the bag you purchased.
- Pets are not allowed in the Orchard
- If you drop an apple or an apple falls off the tree while picking, we kindly ask you to pick it up to ensure no apple goes to waste. Thank You.
Black Raspberries – Coming Summer of 2020
June 25 – July 12 2020
Dark Sweet Cherries – Coming Summer of 2020
Due to the wet cool Spring weather, there will be No Pick Your Own Sweet Cherries for the 2019 Season.
June 25 – July 8 2020
Tart Pie Cherries – Coming Summer of 2020
June 25 – July 14
Blueberries – Coming Summer of 2020
June 29 – August 2