Apples- Every Saturday & Sunday in September and October
Next Picking: Sept. 12 & 13 10am- 4pm
Cash Only Sales for PYO Apples. ATM on site (Sept. & Oct.)
Apple picking prices and sizes: Prices of bags will decrease once Honeycrisp apples are no longer available to be picked.
- Half Peck bag : 5 to 6 lbs of apples ……..$13
- Peck bag : 11 to 12 lbs of apples …………..$23
- Half Bushel bag : 20 to 22 lbs of apples ..$37
- Entrance Fee: $3 per person
- ( under 3 yrs. are free)
- Includes wagon ride to and from apple field
Guidelines for Apple Picking:
- You Must wear a Face Mask when in line purchasing your Bag and while on the Wagon Ride to and from the PYO Field.
- While in the field you may remove your mask if you are comfortable.
- Pick Your Own Apples every Saturday and Sunday through September and October.
- Apple picking is from 10am- 4pm. Last wagon leaves at 4, those still in the apple field can pick until 4:30.
- Before leaving home, please check back on this page or call for picking availability 301-271-2737 and hours depending on weather conditions. Catoctin reserves the right to close the Apple Orchard due to inclement weather that may include heavy rain, thunder, lightning and/or severe winds without advanced notice in order to protect our customers and employees.
- Cash sales ONLY. ATM is available on site (Sept. & Oct.)
- Apple varieties will change as the season progresses. Questions regarding apple varieties please call or check out our Apple Variety tab.
- You must purchase your Pick Your Own bags at the check-in building located above the market on your way to the playground. You will see apple signs on the building indicating the check in for pick your own apples.
- No outside containers, bags, and backpacks are permitted inside the orchard. Please leave bags and personal items in your car.
- There is a $3 entrance fee per person to enter the apple orchard which includes a wagon ride out to Apple field to pick. Age three and younger are free.
- All Apples picked must fit inside the bag you purchased. You cannot carry any Apples out of the Orchard. If you do, you will have to buy an additional Bag for them.
- Pets are not allowed in the Orchard
- If you drop an apple or an apple falls off the tree while picking, we kindly ask you to pick it up to ensure no apple goes to waste. Thank You.
Due to Freeze Damage in early May reducing the crop and the extremely Hot Dry Weather we are having now, Plus the worse Bird Damage we have ever seen, Pick Your Own Blueberries has ended for the 2020 Season.
Approximate availability: June 29 – August 2
Black Raspberries – Finished for 2020 Season
The Freezing Weather during the month of May has caused damage to many of the Black Raspberry Blossoms. We are unsure at this time how large or small the crop will be. Please check our website or call for updates after June 25, 2020. There will be No Pick Your Own Black Raspberries for the 2020 season.
Dark Sweet Cherries – Finished for the 2020 Season.
Due to the very cool Spring weather in May, some of our Sweet Cherry varieties were damaged. We will have Sweet Cherries in our Market, but there will no Pick Your Own Sweet Cherries for 2020.
June 25 – July 8 2020
Tart Pie Cherries- Finished for the 2020 Season
June 27 – July 17