YOU WILL NEED TO CALL 301-271-2737 or Check our Web site FOR PICKING DAYS and HOURS for ALL of our PICK YOUR OWN FRUITS! Picking dates listed are approximate. Check website or call for daily updates.
Things To Know Before Visiting Our Pick Your Own Fields;
- Our picking days, hours, and conditions are approximate and vary by the season and by weather.
- Hats and sunscreen are recommended.
- Closed toe shoes are advised for picking!
- Field helpers will show you how and where to pick.
- Weather conditions and demand determine the supply of our fruit and berries.
- When you arrive at Catoctin Mountain Orchard Please read the signs in the market parking lot to learn which crops are available for picking.
- For safety of all our guest, please abide by our signage and stay in marked areas.
- No Pets allowed in Pick Your Own fields.
Apple picking prices and sizes: Cash Only Sales for PYO Apples. ATM on site.
Half Peck bag : 5 to 6 lbs of apples ……..$12
Peck bag : 11 to 12 lbs of apples …………..$19
Half Bushel bag : 20 to 22 lbs of apples ..$30
Orchard Entrance Fee is $2 per person. Wagon Ride Included.
Apple varieties will change as the season progresses. Varieties you can pick include Gala, Blondee, Crimson Crisp, Jonagold, Autumn Gala, Early Fuji, Cortland, Empire, Early Pink Lady, Stayman, Fuji, Evercrisp, & Goldrush.
Guidelines for Apple Picking:
- Pick Your Own Apples every Saturday and Sunday through September and October.
- Apple picking is from 10am- 4pm weather permitting.
- Before leaving home, please check back on this page or call for picking availability 301-271-2737
- Cash sales ONLY. ATM is available on site.
- You must purchase our Pick Your Own bags at the check-in building.
- No outside bags and backpacks are permitted inside the orchard. Please leave bags and personal items in your car.
- Catoctin reserves the right to close the Apple Orchard due to inclement weather (heavy rain, thunder, lightning and/or severe winds) without advanced notice in order to protect their customers and employees.
- There is a $2 entrance fee per person to enter the apple orchard which includes a wagon ride out to Apple field to pick. Age Two and younger are free.
- All Apples picked must fit inside the bag you purchased.
- Pets are not allowed in the Orchard
- If you drop an apple or an apple falls off the tree while picking, we kindly ask you to pick it up to ensure no apple goes to waste. Thank You.
June 25 – July 12
Dark Sweet Cherries
June 25 – July 8
Tart Pie Cherries
June 30 – July 14
June 30 – August 2